Tango Class – Dance of the Heart
June 12, 2024 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
TangoConnection™ Classes for absolute beginners through advanced students every WEDNESDAY at the Avalon Ballroom North Lobby Studio: Learn ARGENTINE TANGO with DANCE of the HEART!!!
>>>> Our classes are BACK! <<<<
ALL ARE WELCOME!! Learn the basics or come to train & improve! Let us help you become one of the most POPULAR social tango dancers for a thousand miles around!
- Wednesdays at 7pm – Admission $15 per class, or 5-class series for $60 ($12/class)
North Hall, Avalon Ballroom
6185 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO 80303
>>> Class starts at 7pm in NORTH HALL <<<
- Class topics vary weekly. Please sign up for our newsletter at danceoftheheart.com for the latest information. Previous class topics:
- 8:30pm: NORTH HALL Space closes
Whether you are a BEGINNER or an EXPERIENCED dancer, our goal for you and all our tango students is to facilitate your potential to become the most popular social tango dancer for a thousand miles around! After two plus very full, rich decades of training, teaching, performing, social dancing and organizing successful tango events across 3 continents, we’re very proud and also humbly grateful to have assisted thousands of students to achieve their tango goals and we’re delighted to have the opportunity to do the same for YOU – even if you don’t know what your goals are yet, we’ll discover them together!
We look forward to welcoming you to the exciting world of Argentine tango social dancing – all levels welcome in our class schedule, group and private lessons alike! Join us to experience for yourself why brand new through experienced students return week after week, month after month, year after year to enjoy the pleasure and challenge inside a unique dance community of learning and deepening tango skills in our thorough yet delightful, effective and fascinating classes.
JUST STARTING? NO PARTNER? NO PROBLEM!!
Because we’ve taught thousands of students all around the world since 1997, and engaged in 34 tango business trips to Buenos Aires to study, train and dance in that time, we feel we’ve run through our share of teaching experiments and proven a few things to our satisfaction about how to effectively teach beginning social tango, especially to North Americans. A couple things set our classes apart from other tango teaching methods you may be familiar with:
- Everybody Leads, Everybody Follows! Can you drive? Then you can lead! Let us show you how easy it can be. (In the practice periods after class you can dance with whoever wants you!)
- While we don’t recommend it, you can choose to stay with “the partner that brung ya” (but you will be rotating lead and follow between yourselves!)
- Everyone always moves counterclockwise enmeshed in the “tango river” of dancing couples floating together around the room…safer and more fun for everybody to burn in that essential rule right away!
- With flowing downstream with almost every step, Leaders choose in the moment from a small set of options offered in that particular class, constantly trying to surprise the follower a bit with what’s coming next. Followers don’t memorize steps, they listen for clear leads and then execute them.
Complete details, including private lesson info and class overviews available at www.danceoftheheart.com or visit Dance of the Heart in FaceBook