- This event has passed.
Fullpower Consent and Boundaries Workshop for Dance Communities
July 30 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm| Free
This active hands-on program for adults will provide participants with the opportunity to learn about positive consent, practice key boundary-setting and emotional safety skills, and then to apply this knowledge to help prevent and solve common problems and miscommunications that can arise in dance communities and other social groups.
Together, we will learn and practice the following, using examples that are relevant for our participants:
- How to ensure positive consent with people we know
- Assertive advocacy communication skills
- How to communicate about boundaries in ways that are powerful, respectful, and effective
- How to persist with positive responses when people react negatively to our boundaries
- How to handle different levels of intrusion
- 8 emotional safety techniques for managing our emotional triggers
- How to prevent and stop bullying, harassment, and abuse
Workshop Leader: Irene van der Zande is the Executive Director of Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International, a global nonprofit leader dedicated to providing effective and empowering positive communication, personal safety, advocacy, leadership, and self-defense skills for everyone, everywhere. Since 1989, Kidpower has helped more than 5 million people of all ages, abilities, and walks of life worldwide to take charge of their emotional and physical safety and to develop joyful relationships that enrich their lives. To learn more about Irene, visit https://www.kidpower.org/irene/.
Because of her personal connection to members of our dance community, Irene is offering this program free of charge.
For more information and to RSVP, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.